Skip to main content

A corny birthday wish

Warning: This post is not for cynics. Don't tell me I didnt warn you.

Its not the first time that I have taken inspiration from songs to say whats on my mind. The foundation of S and my relationship has been different songs sent as a medium to express our thoughts. He infact courted me by sending me a song everyday. So today, on his birthday I have picked this utter mushy song - Because you loved me, by Celine Dion, because, frankly inspite of its corniness, it seems to express my thoughts exactly.

So bhavs, Happy birthday to you! This is for you.

For all those times you stood by me (your unending loyalty)
For all the truth that you made me see (the truth about my insecurities)
For all the joy you brought to my life (oh...that list is long)
For all the wrong that you made right (you are my regular handy man for all my problems)
For every dream you made come true (of getting married, of having a house, of loving me endlessly)
For all the love I found in you (which you have no qualms reminding, is more than what I have for you)
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak (when I was having a tough time coping with dad’s death)
You were my voice when I couldn't speak (you took up our cause with mum and brothers…and convinced them!)
You were my eyes when I couldn't see (you could see the beauty in me, when I couldn't see it myself)
You saw the best there was in me (and you keep repeating them whenever I feel low)
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach (every time you quote my professional fees more than what I think it should be :)) You gave me faith coz you believed (there is no doubt about that)
I’m everything I am
Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you (all of the above lines echoes what I fail to tell you more often)

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were always there for me (and still are)
The tender wind that carried me (through my divorce and heartbreak)
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration (for my novels and poems :))
Through the lies you were the truth (you've proved that in tough times I can trust your words)
My world is a better place because of you (no doubt about that!)

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

Comments

Treker said…
Time to share is always there

I peered thru life
Ever avoiding strife
But now am undone
My barriers broken
For you have found me

Reached in and unbound me

Your love has burst my bonds
And set music to my songs
Your need for me
And mine for you
Has made my Winter Spring

A new start
With a glowing heart
We color the world with our dream
Nothing is as it did seem
The darkness of my solitude is done
You - my rising sun.
Jerina J said…
:) Better late than never huh sweety. Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

War - Coolness Overload

War turned out to be one of the very few Hindi movies that I got to catch within the first week of its realease. It is also one of the very few movies that I have watched without reading the reviews. And it was truly the only one Hindi movie that I have watched in a night show: the movie started at 10:40pm and got over at 2:00 am. It tells a lot about a movie that could keep me awake through out without even a yawn. The only times I opened my mouth was when my jaw dropped. That happened on many occasions I confess, what with the incredible single shot fights on land, in water, in the air and on ice alongwith the minor detail of these jaw dropping stunts being performed by a grizzled, muscled, chiseled, sculpted, edible, incredibly high on testosterone Hrithik Roshan and his puppy cute counterpart Tiger Shroff. Be still my heart This post is not a review of the movie. Nope, you have probably seen the two, two and a half starred reviews online. There are reviews that have thrashed

Nature's Green Thumb - Kotagiri

So true When Sharan warned us that we had a ten minute walk from the road to reach his guest house in Hadathorai, Kotagiri, I was quite sure that he was exaggerating. The pictures he had posted did not evoke much confidence in me. They were predominantly of his wild garden and of the beautiful mountains around, but hardly of any of the bedrooms or bathrooms in the homestay. A ten minute walk to his guest house? Who was he kidding? Either this place was going to be a hole in the wall, I thought or it was going to be one hell of an experience. At the back of my mind though, I had some confidence in S’s choice of this place. He had a knack of picking up homestays and guest houses that were quaint/comfortable/superb and available for a song. This, he had picked up from Airbnb A magic of colours - Kotagiri So when we drove from Chennai, via Avinashi and picked up 50-something Sukumar, the guy taking care of the place, from the Kotagiri bus stand, I got th

Nagarhole National Park

I know my first post of the new year has been 24 days into the month, but I am just back from one of my first trips (of hopefully many) in 2019. A dear friend had got us booked in a forest guest house at Nagarhole National Park or Rajiv Gandhi Tiger Reserve and we friends just grabbed the opportunity without a moment's thought. The road leading from Hunsur through the forest I love going to such off beat places as the experiences are different and the crowd is less. My Kotagiri blog post is one of the most read posts here, and Nagarhole is as wild and beautiful perhaps even more than Kotagiri. We are talking about a real forest here. It is the real deal. And like all good things, it is kind of hard to experience. The dark, misty forest Nagarhole National Park is home to one of the most vulnerable species of animals in the world right now - the magnificent Tiger. Statistics show that there are very few tigers in the world. You may be sure that a good number of those